Mandate of the Office of Conduct and Discipline:
The mandate of the Office of Conduct and Discipline includes the following actions:
- Act as the focal point of the Mission in all matters related to conduct and discipline, including everything related to sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Receive complaints or reports of misconduct committed by Mission personnel and provide advice on the steps to be followed in accordance with the rules and procedures of the United Nations.
- Design and implement actions to prevent misconduct on the part of Mission personnel.
- Follow up on assistance to Victims of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse by Mission personnel.
- All information is treated in with CONFIDENTIALITY.
What is expected from the behaviour of persons working for the United Nations Verification Mission in Colombia?
It is expected that they:
- Have Zero Tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Do not offer work, money or goods in exchange for sex.
- Do not hire prostitution services.
- Do not have sex with people under 18
- Do not abuse alcohol
- Do not consume any type of drugs
- Do not participate in illegal activities
- Act with impartiality and respect to the actors of the peace process
- Respect local culture and beliefs.
- Respect Colombian Laws
How and where to report acts of misconduct?
Phone number: (57) 320 3189229
Complaints about misconduct must contain, as far as possible, the following information:
- What happened exactly?
- Who are the persons of the Mission involved (name, category of personnel, position, place of work and other information that allows identifying the presumed subject)?
- Who can be possible witnesses to the incident (name, place, contact information)?
- Name and contact information of the complainant